People have cemented a notion that alcoholic drinks are dangerous and adversely affect the body. But even though whisky falls under the category of alcoholic drinks, it isn't very risky. Whisky is prepared from raw materials like grapes, barley, wheat, rye, corn and buckwheat are actually produce which otherwise are quite healthy. However, too much of anything can have an adverse effect on health as a whole. But, whisky if consumed in a limited amount is not really as bad a beverage as it is judged. It too has great health benefits depending on the amount of intake.
1. A shot of whisky makes you happier as a person and this is scientifically proven to be true.
2. Creative people who consume whisky tend to think harder after consuming whisky as it makes the brain sharper and helps produce more ideas resulting in a better productivity.
3. Whisky is extremely good for the skin. Whisky is sometimes used in premium skin packs. It helps to reduce the under eye dark circles. You can also take whisky on a piece of cotton and dab on your face for a more glowing skin.
4. Whisky improves the brain functions and even lowers the risk of brain disorders. It makes you sharper and smarter.
5. Whisky is rich in ellagic acid which is an antioxidant compound and helps in prevention of cancer cell growth.
6. Whisky does not contain fat and has little amount of sodium. The calorie and carbohydrate content is very low in whisky.
7. Consuming whisky lowers the chances of heart diseases, stroke and heart attacks. In fact, it protects the heart health and helps in proper functioning of the various systems in the body.
8. Consuming whisky in a controlled amount can lower the chances of getting diabetes. Whisky helps to control the glucose and insulin levels of the body.
9. Whisky is known to be a natural immunity booster. It stimulates the immune system with its powerful organic compounds, antioxidants and vitamins. It cures infection, cough and cold.
10. Whisky acts as a stress buster. It calms the nerves and improves blood circulation. It relaxes the mind and body after a stressful day.