Wedding season is on and women who have already started their countdown need to gear up and tone themselves so that the D day becomes one of the most cherished events in her life. Would be brides need to maintain a strict diet, not only to look beautiful but also to stay healthy. Post marriage dates are more hectic than the pre ones. Irregularity and change in diet is the most obvious reason to experience health issues. Most of the women today are working and they need to follow some norms to stay fit and look good at least till the red letter day.
- It is best to start early morning with a glass of luke warm water with drops of lemon in it. You can use honey but not always.
- For breakfast oats are highly recommended. Double toned milk and cornflakes, maggi can also be taken. Any kind of fat content and spicy foods should be avoided. Vegetable soup, chicken soup along with toast can also be an option.
- Carry some fruits if you are at work. Else around mid-day, take a plate full of variety of fruits.
- For lunch, whole grain cereals, salad, pulses, eggs, yoghurt can be good option. All items should be in limited amount. Green vegetable and fruits can keep your body hydrated for a longer period of time.
- 7- 8 glasses of water is of absolute necessity per day (depending on the need). But drinking water is good for keeping your kidneys and liver in good condition for a long time.
- Green tea can be taken in the evening because it helps in proper metabolism. But it is not recommended in the morning. Have sprouted grains or puffed rice along with tea.
- For dinner, you can take 1 or 2 servings of rice or 2-3 rotis along with mixed vegetables or shredded chicken preparation. Fish can also be included in it.
- Mutton is recommended once in a month.
- For change almonds, walnuts, foods containing fatty acids, omega is good for healthy skin and hair.
- Quit smoking and drinking as soon as possible. This gives various hormonal changes in body too which is not desirable.
- Even on the D-day you can take juice and sufficient water if you are abiding by the fasting ritual.
Team Jiyo Bangla wishes all the new brides and their family a happy and healthy life in the years ahead.