Indians use mehndi or henna for various reasons. It is widely used during marriage ceremonies for decorative purposes.
5 benefits of Mehndi or henna are: -
- Hair Health and Reduced Hair Loss: Henna helps in sealing the hair cuticle and prevents breakage. It gives you shinier hair, making it look lustrous and bouncy. It also prevents dandruff and thus, prevents hair loss.
- Anti-aging Qualities: The henna oil can be used as an astringent, which when used on the skin can reduce the signs of aging and wrinkles.
- Anti-inflammatory Capacity: Henna oil is usually used for arthritic and rheumatic pains, because with age, as the cartilage and muscles deteriorate, our joints become more painful.
- Detoxification: Drinking the liquor of soaked bark or leaves of the henna plant in water can improve spleen and liver health and also prevents a wide range of other health conditions.
- Regulated Blood Pressure: Consuming henna water or seeds can act as an aid in hypotensive effect, which on the cardiovascular system relieves stress and effectively lowers blood pressure.