Ahare Bangla, an annual Bengali food carnival lasting five days, (organized by various departments of the Government of West Bengal led by Smt. Mamata Banerjee), started Thursday, 07th December,2017. This food carnival is being held at the Mela ground in New Town which has also hosted the handicrafts fair earlier this year. The venue is adjacent to Swapno Bhor, the only senior citizens' park in Bengal.
This years’ iteration of Ahare Bangla which is bigger and better than last year; among various attractive food stalls shall also host an ‘open to all cooking competition’. The schedule boasts of numerous talk shows, cooking sessions with chefs, poets and various distinguished personalities from an entertainment perspective.
George Bernard Shaw famously quoted “There is no sincerer love than the love of food”. To satisfy the diverse palates of the sincere food lovers from Bengal, this years’ iteration of Ahare Bangla 2017 includes: Big Boss (Recommended by the Chinese Consulate General in Kolkata), Fuji (recommended by Japanese Consulate General in Kolkata), Milee Drogg Café & Bistro(Recommended by Russian Consulate General in Kolkata), Apanjan, Oh Calcutta, Afraa Deli, Bijoligrill, Nizams, Benfish, Buddha Bites, Bhooter Raja Dilo Bor, Alibaba, Bawarchi, Wow Momo, The All Fish Restaurant (Govt. of West Bengal), Paanch Foron, Pithe Bilashi, Mother Dairy of Calcutta, Metro Dairy Ice Cream, The Yellow Straw, Tea Junction, Banchharam, Nalin Chandra Das & Sons, M/s K.C. Das pvt. Ltd, Lyangcha Bahar: Shaktigarh, Bardhaman Sitabhog and Mihidana Trader’s Welfare Association and many others.
The inaugural programme on 7th December 2017 featured a dance performance by Dona Ganguly along with ShriKhol by Harekrisna Halder; which was anchored by Madumanti Moitra.
Events for 8th December, features the following:
- Cookery Show with Chef Indraneel Bhattacharya (from 12:30p.m. to 1:30 p.m.);
- Natua Folk dance (from 2:00p.m. to 3:00p.m.);
- Cooking competition from the ‘Chhana’ category; (from 3:30p.m. to 5:00p.m.); and
- Song programme by Surajit Chattopadhyay, Alivia Chakraborty, Indranil Dutta and Debashree Mukherjee; (from 6:00p.m. to 8:30 p.m.).
The song programme on 8th December shall be anchored by Sudipta Mukherjee.
Events on 9th December shall feature the following:
- Cookery show with Chef Sandeep Kumar Pandey (from 12:30p.m. to 1:30 p.m.);
- Raibenshe folk martial dance performance (from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.);
- Cooking competition from the ‘Fish’ category (from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.); and
- Song programme by Jojo, Swakkhar Basu, Mekhla Dasgupta and Avijit Acharjya (from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.).
The song programme on 9th December shall be hosted by Tamali Ghosh.
Events on 10th December are as follows:
- Cookery show with Chef Indranil Ghosh (from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.);
- Chou dance performance (from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.);
- Cooking competition from the ‘Meat’ category (from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.); and
- Song performance by Sriradha Bandyopadhyay, Sumana Chakraborty, Aritra Chakraborty and Bengali band Parijat (from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.);
The song performance on 10th December shall be hosted by Debasis Basu.
Events on 11th December are as follows:
- Cookery show by Chef Shivajee Majumdar (from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.);
- Cooking competition Finals (from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.);
- Prize Distribution ceremony (from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.);
- B2G Business Conclave (from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.); and
- Song performance by Shibaji Chattopadhyay and Antara Chowdhury; and Dance performance by Aritra Chakraborty (from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.).
The song and dance performance on 11th December shall be anchored by Debashis Bhattacharya.
Stay tuned with Jiyo Bangla for further live updates and photographs